Labels

Blog Archive

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Update on My Mom

I just sent out this email:

Dear friends and family,

It is with a heavy heart that I write to you today. My mom passed away yesterday, Saturday, August 31, 2013 around 4 pm. She passed comfortably, having just visited with her family--including her little grandson, Eddie--the night before.

Everyone in our family has really appreciated all the prayers, phone calls, assistance, and support given to us over these last five years. We are extremely blessed to have had so much time with my mom--since her diagnosis in 2008 she became a grandmother and spent a good deal of time traveling and visiting friends and family.

We are planning to have a memorial service in the next few weeks and will be sure to let you know the details.

Love,
Julie


It still doesn't seem real. My dad and I went to see her afterward, in her hospital room in Pleasanton but it still doesn't seem real.  I told Eddie this morning as we were snuggling in bed here in Livermore.  We did so much grieving in 2008 at her diagnosis that I feel like we've all been mentally preparing since then. I know that this new reality will hit me over and over at random times...I'll just try to go with it.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To: Levie and Bower families,
We are saddened by the news of your Mom's passing. She was a very special person to us.
Please let us know if you need anything,
The Pons Family

Leah said...

Thinking so much of you and, Edward and your Dad. As well as the rest of your mom's family and friends. Hugging you tight through the interwebs.

Tina said...

I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. She was always so so so nice to us and I enjoyed having her at events. If there is anything we can do (Eddie babysitting?) please let us know.

Love - Porters

Michael Hummell said...

I'm very sorry to learn that Jane died, and will be thinking of her and all of you

Heartfelt Condolences,
Michael