Labels

Blog Archive

Monday, March 31, 2008

More Rudi

Rudi's parents will come fetch him tonight after they fly back to California from the wedding. It is a sad night for Dave and me...we're going to miss having Rudi in our home. As is usual on weekends at our house, the humans and dogs alike spent both days outside (the former working and the latter playing). Because Rudi is so small and closer to the ground, he got pretty dirty. I'm going to give him a bath in a few minutes so he will be "all clean and sweet-smelling," as my daddy would say. He and I are going to deliver some dinner to Davie at his office after that. (Dave has to work until ELEVEN tonight (!!) and he can't waste time taking a dinner break (!!!) so we'll take him some food and let him snuggle with Rudi one last time before Rudi goes back to his own house. Dave's job will be the subject of a different...less fun...blog entry.)

Here are a few more pictures of the little guy for your viewing pleasure. =o)

We just got back from Dave's office, just down the street from the Capitol building. It took Rudi and I a while to get to his building from where we parked because the little guy had to pee on every bush along the way. Dave wasn't sure if I was allowed to be in his office while people are still working (at 9pm...) so we had to eat our spicy Cafe Bernardo stir fry noodles in the reception area. Rudi was a good boy; he didn't pee inside and he only barked when he needed to remind us that he wasn't getting enough attention.


Look at all these tired boys (Rudi, Davie, and Potatoes):


Ruby, my "director of homeland security" is quite bark-happy, in fact she is also "president of mass-communications" here. She's taught little Rudi to patrol the house through the big front window, which is her watch-tower. In this picture, Potatoes is looking at me like, "Mama! Now we have TWO barkers in the house?! I can't handle all the noise!" (Me either, Taters.)


Potatoes definitely likes hanging out with Rudi...here, they are snoozing in the sun together in Potatoes' favorite sunny spot in the dining room (wow...I REALLY need to wash that sliding glass door...it looks nasty.):

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! They're soooo cute! I made the picture of Ruby and Rudi looking out the window and Potatoes going "Ugh, so noisy" as my desktop. They are just too precious.

steph.kelley said...

Julie, your posts are an utter delight. I laughed out loud at Ruby and Rudy standing in tandem on the couch; and I drooled out loud (?) at your food pics. And AWWWWWed out loud at you and your dad doing projects together. You warm my heart, sweet lady. :)

John and Jessica said...

Julie and Dave,
When I picked Rudi up this morning, he was definitely not ready to leave! Once we were home, he went straight into his cage and never left. He has never done that before! It was so depressing for his momma... if you guys are in town this weekend, we need to go to the dog park! He is having severe withdrawals. Thank you again for taking care of our baby. We owe you the world!
~jessica
p.s. All of these pictures are going into the wedding scrapbook :)

Elizabeth M said...

cute kids! what does your husband do? there are lots of occupations out there that require a ton of overtime but was just curious..

The Bowers! said...

Dave's a senior auditor for one of the "Big Four" accounting firms. Even though he's not in the tax group it is still "busy season" at work for him. The people at his job call busy season "break up season"...no wonder! I wouldn't want to date someone who had to work this much. At least they don't call it "divorce season." I hate his job, it's true, but I try to be supportive. Luckily we know it is only temporary...