Labels

Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Prayers for Donna

Today our sister-in-law (Dave's oldest brother's wife) is having her second mastectomy surgery. She was diagnosed with breast cancer back in 2004 and had her first operation then. She's been through the whole deal: intense chemo, hair loss, terrible side effects, surgeries (with more to come). Today's surgery is her first step towards reconstructive surgery.

Please keep Donna and her entire family in your prayers. I have confidence that everything will go great today. She's quite the trouper! I really look up to her strength and courage.

We're going to take BART into SF tomorrow afternoon to see her. On Mother's Day she will join us for Sacramento's annual Y-ME breast cancer walk around the Capital. I did it last year with my mom, my pooches, and my other sister-in-law's (Bernadette) family. It was super fun. If you'd like to sponsor our team--called Divas and Doggies--or walk with us I would be so grateful! I'm going to make matching pink shirts for everyone (dogs included) in our team.

1 comment:

Elizabeth M said...

My prayers are definitely w/ your family! It was hard for our family when my mom went thru her surgeries, chemo, radiation, etc..I hope everything goes well!