Labels

Blog Archive

Monday, June 23, 2008

Doggies

We babysat Rudi for the past week, this time while his parents went on their belated honeymoon to Tahiti. He and Potatoes had a grand time romping around the yard, play fighting, and slip-slidding on the new laminate floors. Unlike his last visit when Ruby was indifferent to his presence, this time she put him in his place by snapping at him when he bothered her and mounting him several times. Some people think dogs mounting each other is vulgar but that's just because they don't understand canine dominance dynamics--dogs of either gender will mount each other to prove who is dominant. And if that doesn't work, then they will fight until one of them backs down. Well...we all know that Ruby is Queen of our house.

The dogs, chowing down on some pigs' ears. Yummo...
During the day we crated little Rudi and our dogs were left to their own devices in the rest of the house. As long as the bathroom doors are closed and the recycling bin is up on the counter (so Potatoes can't get into them) they do just fine. Every afternoon I would ride my bike up the driveway to see two darling little faces peering out between the curtains at me. Oh my goodness, they melt my heart!

How much are those doggies in the window? The ones with the wagging tails?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is the sweetest way to come home! Anyway, your house looks great! Whenever Edward and I become home owners I'll let you 3 (you, Edward and Davie) have fun fixing stuff up...I'm not keen on the handy-woman job. I'll sing you High School Musical to keep you entertained...or drive you crazy.