Labels

Blog Archive

Monday, June 9, 2008

Relaxing weekend

What a great weekend! The hotel spoiled me with the vaulted ceilings, the in-room spa and fireplace, the loud waves crashing on the beach below, and a WHOLE bed for just Dave and me...no dogs. Ha! I'd forgotten what it is like to sleep with only people in the bed. It is amazing.

Us on the balcony of our hotel room:
We hung out with family, fixed Dave's windshield washer fluid sprayers, washed his car and his dad's truck, talked about national politics, ate some really good ribs, and I read a lot (as usual). My newest book is Marley and Me by John Grogan, about a family and their completely crazy golden lab. I don't like the writing style since it isn't as clever as folks like Mary Roach, Anthony Bourdain, and David Sedaris (who I love).

Michael, John, and Dave behind the hotel:
My brother-in-law put too much garbage in the dumpster so the lid wouldn't close. So he compacted it with the excavator!! It is the best trash compactor I've ever seen...

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

isn't marley and me being made into a movie?

ps...im jealous you were at the beach!!!!