Labels

Blog Archive

Friday, June 6, 2008

Yummy Dinners

Dave and I had some really yummy dinners this week. Tuesday night I made falafel ball pita pockets with cucumber-and-dill yogurt sauce. Wednesday night I made these Mediterranean-style chicken things baked in puff pastry--each pastry shell was stuffed with fresh spinach, pesto, feta cheese, and homemade sundried tomatoes. They were sooooooo good. Last night we had a very colorful dinner: grilled corn, broccoli with spicy cheese sauce I made with sharp cheddar, purple (!!) baked potatoes with that cucumber-dill yogurt sauce, and grilled chicken sandwiches with homemade BBQ sauce. I was so full from last night's dinner that I had a hard time studying for my final.

Falafel pitas:

Puff pastry chicken:

Multi-color dinner:
I just packed our little suitcase because once Dave gets home (any minute now...) we'll be driving up to Gualala to see his family. My mom will also be up there until tomorrow because she's attending our nephew's high school graduation tonight. Dave and I couldn't go to that because I had a final today and my graduate group's huge annual meeting this afternoon so we couldn't make it up in time. My mom-in-law isn't feeling well these days so she booked all of us at the hotel they own for this weekend. I am sooooooooooo looking forward to staying at the hotel--no dogs are allowed (they'll stay up at their Grandma's) so it'll be like a little getaway vacation for Dave and me. And the hotel gives you a free bottle of chilled champagne with cute little glasses...that'll be so nice.

This quarter has been so insane for me--classes were a lot more work that I'd anticipated and my graduate group officer position took up a lot of time, too. Then there was all the work we did on the house. I was very organized and efficient with everything I had to do but it was still exhausting. This weekend will be so nice...

I just heard Dave pull up....see you all on Monday!

No comments: