Labels

Blog Archive

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy (late) 2 Year Anniversary!

How could a girl not love a guy who rolls his eyes and imitates his dog's "smile" in his wedding pictures?

Dave and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary on June 24 by going out to a delicious fondue dinner in Sacramento. We had the Caribbean special and it was sooooooooo good. I had to struggle to stay awake while eating since I'd been out in the field all day for my soils class and was utterly exhausted.

Two years sure does fly by. Can you believe that I still haven't had my gown cleaned? Not that it matters--it was only $60 on eBay!


After the wedding madness was over we honeymooned by spending two sweltering weeks traveling through Egypt then recuperating on the beach in southern Spain for another week.

Here we are in front of the pyramids and a shot of the GPS route we took on our camel ride from the Great Pyramid to the Sphinx. And yes, I'm wearing one of my wedding dresses while riding the camel, whose name was Moses.

Edward and Allison joined us for part of the time in Spain. The morning we tried to go to Morocco our rental car was towed (oops...I parked it illegally) and we had to wait for 2 hours and pay 70 Euros to get it back. Here's an unamused me and patient Edward waiting with our money at the impound lot:

Here's Allison and I trying very hard to figure out this weird castle-made-of-brick place we stopped to see near the Spanish resort where we were staying:
It's been a great two years! I can't wait for the next 60+ years of wedded bliss with my Davie.

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

you're supposed to get your gown cleaned? uh oh....