Labels

Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Our Weekend

Like most weekends, this one was fun but too short. At least Dave gets 3 day weekends these days. Friday we met at a downtown Italian deli for lunch, then wandered through the heat to the hardware store to make a key for my friend who is staying at our house. Then it was back to lab for me, while Dave applied for jobs online and hung out with his brother.

Saturday we worked in the garden, tilling the already-harvested empty beds and then created a new garden bed next to the shed. After work yesterday I stopped at Ace Hardware for seeds for our winter garden. I can't believe it is already time to plant! I bought the usual (greens, radishes, carrots, broccoli, onions, baby pak choi, etc.) but in strange colors if possible. This winter we'll have red mustard greens, purple carrots, "watermelon" radishes, a rainbow quinoa grain, and orange beets. Hopefully I will get the seeds sown directly into the garden and/or into six-pack containers tonight after my meeting.

Sunday we went to Lake Berryessa for some dog and human swimming. It was sooooooo hot and the water was nice and cool. We picnicked on grilled pork loin sandwiches slathered with my latest batch of chutney (which is honestly a little vinegary, but still scrumptious) and a veggie/pasta salad I made using whatever we had on hand. It turned out pretty good. My favorite part of picnicking at Berryessa is that I always treat myself to a "fun soda" from Nugget Market--this time I had a ginger soda which was spicy and refreshing. We would have made some soda at home, but don't have any more empty 2L soda bottles. If you have any, please keep them for me!

Me telling Dave I love him:
Water dogs:

No comments: