Labels

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Why not...

This is one of those silly questionnaire things people post on their blogs as a way to publicize embarrassing things about themselves (or in this case, their husbands). I'm sitting in front of the computer eating my lunch so I figured I'd entertain myself by filling it out.

1. Where did you meet your husband? In the dorms at Saint Mary's College. He lived down the hall from me freshmen year and was basically just one of the 3 guys I hung out with all the time.

2.How long did you date? I can never remember; officially it was like 6 months but we'd been best buddies for like 3-4 years before that.

3.How long have you been married? 2.5 years

4. What does he do that surprises you? Does little romantic things like bringing me small presents (like a can of root beer) when he gets back from Gualala each week.

5. What is your favorite feature of his? The shape of his face--I could stare at it all day and I love the way he looks in a beard. I freaked out a few weeks ago when he told me that he was considering shaving his beard off. I think he looks so handsome with it.

6. What is his best quality? Nothing seems to bother him EVER. He's never raised his voice in an angry way around me in all the years I've known him (or perhaps ever). He has this amazing ability to just "go with the flow" but is always willing to put in the effort to change a situation if he doesn't like it (he just doesn't get all flustered and complain about it the way most people do...like me).

7. Does he have a nick name for you? My gosh there are so many: Baby, Lover, Jewwies, Jewissa, Mrs., Missy, Bucket (don't ask), Mama (when he's talking to the dogs about me)

8. What is his favorite food? Fruit of any kind (apples, apricots, plums, peaches) and most other foods if they are mushy

9. What is his favorite sport? Soccer and volleyball

10.When and where was your first kiss? I used to know the date of that kiss...but it escapes me right now. We first smooched at his apartment in Moraga at a party.

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Work on things around our house and build stuff together...and of course snuggle our dogs and talk about how utterly perfect they are. (I know, we're so cheesy it is disgusting. Don't worry, we're well aware!)

12. Do you have children? No human children but we do have fur-children (Ruby who is ~4 and Potatoes who is ~3).

14. How old is he? 26

15. Who said I love you first? Dave...

16. His favorite music? Stupid Russian techno music that gives me a headache. Now I've also got him hooked on country western. Haha.

17. What do you admire most about him? His ability to be presented with a problem and then come up with a way to fix it all by himself--he'll research various options/materials and then just fix it. I also admire him for being able to just "go with the flow" and being so darn patient. I have a lot to learn from him.

18. What is his favorite color? He'll tell you that it is red. But he also really likes pink and purple. He used to take notes in those girly glitter pink/purple gel pens in college. Sometimes I just don't know about him...

19. Will he read this? Yes. And he'll laugh out loud and probably contest some of my answers. But trust me, I was totally honest. =)

No comments: