Labels

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Prayers for my Mommy

My mom has been in the hospital since Sunday afternoon after church. Her friends convinced her to go since her health has been declining rapidly in the last couple of months. She has an amazing group of friends; I'm so thankful that they can care for her in ways she wouldn't let me. (Whenever my dad or I asked her to see a doctor about her constant coughing, shortness of breath, weight loss, struggle to walk/stand for very long, etc. she wouldn't listen and would generally just get quite flustered and very upset. Since you can't legally force anyone to seek medical attention, we knew it would have to be on her own terms. And with some convincing from her closest friends and the pastor she made the right decision.)

So far she's had over 2L of fluid removed from her chest and she's on oxygen so she can breathe more easily. Hopefully all the tests will tell us what the problem is, what caused it, and how to treat it. She'll be in the hospital for at least a few more days and I'll go home this weekend to see her.

Your thoughts and prayers would do a world of good for my mom right now.

No comments: