Labels

Blog Archive

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Buffet

For the last few days Eddie has been quite fussy in the afternoons and the only way to calm him is for me to booby him (a bottle won't do). He's treating me like an all-you-can-eat buffet! Luckily he's still sleeping well at night--sometimes upwards of 5 solid hours. Sometimes I don't think he's really that hungry but just wants the reassurance of the breast and his mama.

We keep track of his feedings and his diaper changes on a printed schedule. Lately I've been blocking out several hours in his feeding schedule and just writing something like "15 minutes every hour."

Today when he finally fell asleep I decided to take a nap, too. But he woke up crying as soon as I laid him down on the bed next to me. He hadn't eaten in--gasp!--an hour so I fed him in our new laying-down position. (We're still practicing that position but I like it so far because I can sort of rest while feeding him.) I never did get to nap because he sucked for SIXTY SOLID MINUTES!

He doesn't seem sick at all but I haven't actually taken his temperature. His temperament and dirty diapers are all the same so I never bothered. I assume he's in the middle of a growth spurt and that it will end soon. Otherwise my nipples are in trouble!

1 comment:

Ms. said...

ugh ya its like they use you as a pacifier. Maybe he isn't getting enough food at one sitting? I am not an expert of course, but yes he is probably going through a growth spurt. Happy nipple healing!