Labels

Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mama Pudge

I've always heard that nursing moms lose weight more quickly than those who don't breastfeed. It is either a myth or I'm impatient because I've only lost 5 pounds since one month postpartum. So I'm still 20 pounds more than before I got pregnant. And that is just not okay.

It looks like I have a beer gut. Since I've always had a slim waist (very hourglass shaped, too) this gut grosses me out. There's a new country song out now called "Rockin' the Beer Gut" and I cringe whenever I hear it.

Perhaps I'm imagining it, but I feel like I'm eating the same amount of food per day (and type of food) as before I got pregnant so caloric input doesn't seem to be my issue. It must be caloric output.

My biggest issue now that Eddie is here is exercise. Dave and I were SUPER busy working on the house for the last 2 years--all the housework and yardwork (and biking around town instead of driving) is where I got most of my exercise. Since August the most I've done is walk to/from downtown--only about 3 miles roundtrip.

I need to start running or something because we have run out of major projects around the house and yards that require manual labor (for the time being).

Since my real estate has moved north after giving birth, none of my old exercise tops fit anymore. So I went online last week and asked Google what the best sports bras are for big-breasted women. After reading a bunch of reviews and looking up YouTube videos about how to measure yourself for the right bra size I finally ordered an Enell 100 Sports Bra. I'm excited for it to arrive so I can start jogging with Eddie in the jogging stroller. It'll fee really good to work my body again.

I've never been a big fan of jogging but since I can't take Eddie to the gym to use the elliptical machine jogging is the next best thing.

Before that bra arrives I need to figure out what to do about my glasses while running. I'm too blind to not wear them at all but they slide down my nose when I get sweaty and it drives me crazy. Contacts have never worked well for me since the astigmatism in my right eye is so bad even the contacts made especially for astigmatism don't fit right (I've literally tried half a dozen different sizes/brands with two different eye doctors over the last 8 years). I might try to find some sort of band to wear on the ear pieces of the glasses that will hold them tight on my head--at this point I don't want to spend money on prescription sport glasses so I want to make my normal glasses work.

I also need to look for some cheap weights so I can tone my arms--Eddie would work instead of weights but he tends to spit up all over me when I lift him up and down a lot. My best childhood friend, Dyani, is getting married in April and I'll be damned if I ruin her wedding pictures with flabby arms.

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

you should just wear goggles over your glasses. :)