Labels

Blog Archive

Monday, November 9, 2009

Say Cheese!

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to post anything. Until I can post something with a little more substance (i.e., words), here are some pictures of my precious babe. I took these pictures while singing songs to him. You can tell by the direction of his eyes that he's look at me while I held the camera off to the side so it wouldn't distract him.

Every night after he's in his jammies and in a dry diaper, I prop him up on a pillow and sing to him. All the songs are interactive for him since I move his arms and legs to music. Since I don't know many kid songs, we stick to:
  • The wheels on the bus
  • The ants go marching
  • BINGO
  • The itsy bitsy spider
  • Twinkle, twinkle little star
  • ABC song
Eddie coos, talks, sings, and wriggles like crazy when we do this. By the end he's fussy (read: tired) and ready for milk. So he nurses and then falls asleep.When Dave is going to put him to sleep he sings "99 bottles of beer on the wall." I can't tell if this is a good thing or not, but it totally works. We can gauge just how tired he is by the number of bottles Dave sings to before he falls asleep. I'd prefer that Dave not sing to our baby about alcohol...but at this point I'm just thankful that Dave can get him to go to sleep at all (since I usually depend on nursing him to sleep).

Good heavens, this kid is just too cute!

3 comments:

Kaitlin said...

keep it up...thats a great routine i wish i started earlier!

Ms. said...

is your boob better? lol I sing 99 bottles of beer on the wall to my kids. Kalon disapproves

steph.kelley said...

Good for you and your interactive bedtime routine! My fam prized bedtime singing and stories, continuing the latter with Spence even until high school. It's a lovely thing to do together.