Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

Both my brother and my husband have reminded me to update the blog. But I just don't feel like it. Too much of my time is spent tapping away at my computer at school, so the last thing I want to do at home is turn on the desktop (where our pictures are stored) so I can post on the blog. Everyone complains about pictureless posts...I'll have to find a picture to post at the end of this one, even if it isn't current.

We went to Georgia for Thanksgiving and our cousin Annette's wedding last week. The flight there was great, the visit was amazing (as usual) even though Dairy Dip was closed so we didn't get to eat fried pickles or a wet walnut sundae. The flight back was not so great since Eddie was/is working on multiple molars. He was pretty fussy the whole flight, except for the hour he slept/nursed (ouch). I had only 4 hours of sleep the night before so I was exhausted but couldn't sleep on the plane because "Mister Sad Face" (as Dave called him) wanted only Mama, not Daddy or Grandma (lucky me...). I tried to sleep while Eddie sucked on me but I was worried I'd drop him. Ouf. A flight attendant walked by toward the end of the flight and said, "My, what a good baby you have! I didn't hear him at all!" We responded by saying she must need her hearing checked. =) Lucky for us, he isn't a loud whiner or crier.

I went to school for a few hours yesterday after we got back. My prof couldn't be there to introduce the speaker or take attendance so I had to do it. Totally exhausted, I expected to fall asleep during the seminar but it was so interesting that I didn't even notice the guy spoke for an extra 20 minutes until I heard a bunch of people get up and leave!

My mom treated us to take out Thai food last was SO GOOD. We got a double order of the coconut soup (tom ka gai) and I was in heaven slurping up that hot, sour, salty broth. It totally made up for not getting any fried pickles last week. Well, almost.

Dave got Eddie down to bed by about 7pm, we folded some laundry and watched an episode of The Office before crawling into bed at 8:28pm. Dave left for Gualala at 4:20am but I got to sleep in until 6am.

Here are the oldest and the newest pictures I have on my laptop:

August 2010 at the American River:November 3, 2010 at the Long Beach aquarium:


steph.kelley said...

I missed you and your blog posts! I understand your reluctance about more computer-ing at home, but what will your FANS do without you?? :) xoxo

mu rye uh said...

I like your updates and I will still read even if there is no picture I cheat and use the 'snipping' tool and save pictures to my desktop I am too lazy to rummage the actual carying drives of the computer

Kelly said...

I totally know what you mean, I got crap from my cousins on Thanksgiving for not posting enough. Blogging should be fun, not another chore, and when you're tired everything feels like a chore. You should make Dave or Edward put up the next couple of posts :D

The Bowers! said...

I like the way you think, Kelly!