Labels

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Remember That Feeling

If you are perfectly healthy and pain-free right at this moment, I suggest doing the following, just to remind yourself how nice it feels:

-Breath in deeply

-Swallow

-Stretch your muscles, do a little happy dance to engage your whole body

-Think about your digestive tract: how good your stomach feels happily digesting your last meal without cramping, nausea, excess gas, or other foul side effects

We always take for granted how good we actually feel on a daily basis...in fact, how we don't feel much at all because we are healthy and all our systems are in good working order.

I shouldn't complain too much because life could be much worse...so I will calmly state that I am stuck in bed with a nasty sinus infection and cough. I forgot how nice it is to be unaware of my sinuses until about Saturday night. And how nice it is to breathe through my nose and chew without noticing my achy sinuses every time I bite down on food.

I have relied on multi-symptom cold medication at night so I can sleep, but go without it during the day. I know that I won't be able to avoid over-exerting myself with cleaning, working, errands etc. if I feel well, so I let myself feel sick so I'm reminded to take it easy and sleep as much as possible (sleep is the BEST medicine!). I can't decide if that makes me a freak or a reasonable person.

Oh well, it is what it is (as my mother-in-law would say).

3 comments:

Kaitlin said...

definitely makes you not only reasonable, but responsible. can't be the best mommy/student/wife without good health.

steph.kelley said...

That is exactly the RIGHT thing to do! My dad always encouraged us not to take medicine, for fear that we would feel so good we'd go out and ruin our health by galavanting around the world. Feeling sick is the right thing to do, sometimes. :) Feel better soon! xoxo

Ms. said...

ugh awful I hate being sick and sooo true you forget how awful something is until the awesomeness disperses for a while :(