Labels

Blog Archive

Monday, October 4, 2010

Panel Doors

Ugly doors gone...

New panel doors in!We still have to paint them, but they do look nice so far. Especially with the new nickel knobs instead of icky brass ones. And I love, love, LOVE that they don't stick like the old doors--50 years of paint + crappy doors + shifted door frames = sticky doors. Eddie's door was so bad that I nearly woke him up every time I opened his door at night to check on him.

I purposely painted our old icky doors when I was painting the new trim a few years ago. I figured the more I defaced them, the sooner they'd be replaced. Well, that didn't work out so well...we bought the panel doors on clearance at Home Depot about 3 years ago. And then Dave bought most of the hardware a year ago, again on clearance. We wanted to make sure we replaced them before Eddie got old enough to realize that his mama had painted silly things on the doors--we don't want him thinking he's allowed to do the same thing! =)

Thank you for all your hard work, Lover!

1 comment:

Ms. said...

allright! I look forward to getting new doors too and I took off the closet doors and am building up a headboard for my room. you should make a gocart with yours!!