Labels

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nighty Night!

When Eddie is really tired, he put his hands back behind his head when we put him down in the crib at night. It is so cute.Lately he's taken an interest in his two dollies. One is a premie Cabbage Patch doll of mine from childhood and the other is a "learn to dress" type doll that my mom got to entertain him on the plane to France last year. Usually the dolls are somewhere random in his crib when I tuck him in at night. In the mornings he'll grab each one and I give them each a kiss on the cheek and then let them "kiss" him on the cheek. He giggles like crazy, it makes me laugh so much.

Then about a week ago he started looking for them before bed every night. So now I make sure to tuck them in with him under his blankets.

OH. MY. GOD. Isn't this so, so cute?(Yes!)

Another less-cute thing that Eddie has been doing in his crib is trying to undress himself. Considering his diaper is often much less than clean when I get him out of bed each day, this is not a good thing. I think I'll have to order some rear-zipper jammies pretty soon (or just cut the feet off his current jammies and sewing them back on backwards so the zipper is in the rear). Because I'm not interested in cleaning poo art off the walls...ew.

5 comments:

Leah said...

Seriously, the hands behind the head is so SO cute. And I love the dollies, Charlie did a similar thing with a teddy bear. Gotta love their affection - says a lot about the kind of love they receive and witness from you and Dave.

The Bowers! said...

Aw...I hope you're right! I never thought about it that way. But you're right...he definitely imitates us a lot right now.

steph.kelley said...

OMG — Is that his morning face in the bottom photo? And teeny weeny adorable bedhead? SO. CUTE. :D xoxo

Ms. said...

So cute! Oh yes the unzippering children of the corn. BTW After a long time (and no I never tried the behind zippies or the cutting of the feet zippies) but we figured out Andrew didn't like the footie pj's once we switched him to seperates he never did it again

Kelly said...

Too cute! The hands behind the head with two baby dolls next to him - what a little ladies man :D

I heard duct tape was a good cheap solution for preventing him from taking his diaper off in the night. Just wrap some tape around the waist of the diaper and he'll never be able to get it off. I'd only do this on the disposables though, it might ruin you cloth diaper covers.