Blog Archive

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Our Weekend

This was quite a busy weekend!

On Friday I went to lab all day (~6 hours) while Dave stayed home with Eddie. I made sure to defrost plenty of bottles and give him lots and lots of kisses before I left. Now that he's older he's able to entertain himself a little and he loves to be entertained by Dave. I made sure to pump twice while on campus so I could replenish my milk stash. I used the lactation station in my building in the morning, but by the afternoon that room's light was out so I had to walk across campus to the old vet school building. THEN I realized that I had forgotten to bring lids to the storage bottles. Arg! Luckily I had plenty of parafilm in the lab and nothing spilled on my bike ride home.

When I got home there were 2 smiling faces waiting for me inside. Eddie was a good boy all day for Dave--although he didn't nap more than 20 minutes. He usually takes an hour nap in the mornings and then a 2-3 hour nap in the late afternoon.

That night we bought a fake Christmas tree at Target. I'm sorta bummed about having a fake tree--it is like having a carcass in your house. A carcass of a tree. Ick. Plus they don't smell good like real trees. But considering that a 7' live tree costs between $30-$60 and a nice fake tree from Target costs only $100, it just doesn't make sense to go with a live one. Our tree isn't as heavily decorated this year as it has been in the past because I quickly decorated it in the few minutes I knew Eddie would stay asleep. It's a little sparse, but at least it is up. We didn't decorate at all last year since my mom's health made life too crazy.Saturday morning I couldn't sleep after Eddie woke up to nurse at 7am. So we all got up (humans and dogs), got dressed, and walked downtown to the Farmers Market, the bank, and to the bagel shop. I'd promised to make stir fry for Dave this weekend so we bought all the veggies at the market. We got home just in time for me to nurse Eddie before our friend Melissa came over to baby sit Eddie. Since I have only 1 month before returning to school, I realized that Eddie's never been babysat by anyone. He's only used to us and that could be a problem come January when he's left with a nanny all day. So Melissa came over for an hour while Dave and I took the dogs to the dog park. He was a bit fussy for her toward the end but he did pretty well over all.

The rest of the day Dave worked on moving our office stuff (desk, computer, internet connection, supplies) to the livingroom. We're renting our office room to my labmate, Arek. I feel bad that we have to go in there to pay bills and stuff when he's not home since he's paying to use the room. Plus that room will eventually need to be Eddie's room when he *eventually* gets a sibling who will take over his we figured we might as well get a head start on things.

While I suffered through a jog this morning, Dave hung our Christmas lights. I was so excited to see then once it got dark but it is FREEZING outside (literally) and raining so I'll have to wait to admire them another night. Dave finished installing the ethernet cable in the wall while I decorated the Christmas tree. Then we headed off to Ikea to buy a desktop and desk legs and eating Swedish meatballs for lunch. Yum!

Can you believe that there is snow forecast for Davis tonight? Crazy!


mu rye uh said...

I"ve been gone so I haven't seen all the updates but he is getting so big and go you. I am totally your cheerleader for milking it up for eddie!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that it is Eddie that Melissa is holding? From the bib up it looks exactly like John Bower!

steph.kelley said...

A happy Xmas scene, all y'all puttering around being productive and gorgeous! Love Melissa with the grinning babe!