Labels

Blog Archive

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Car Naps

Today we went to Zennie's first birthday party. It was scheduled during Eddie's naptime (12-2pm), so we made sure to put him in the car 20 minutes early so he could catch a cat nap on the drive there. Of course he fell asleep only 5 minutes before we arrived...little stinker! We stayed in the car for another 10 minutes and then went inside.

He had so much fun! Usually he only plays with big girls (2+ years older than him)...but there were lots of big boys at the party so he got to ruff-and-tumble with them. He played inside the Giga balls on the lawn, ran around throwing balloons and splashing in puddles, and being towed around in a wagon.

As usual, Zennie was a little doll. I think it is adorable that she'll wear cute headdresses without complaining. I can't believe it has been a whole year since she was born!

Bernie asked everyone to bring an unwrapped book to add to Zennie's collection. I found a book called David's Father. She's a little young for it, but I couldn't resist since the main characters are a girl named Julie and her neighbor named David. The story is pretty funny, given our names. I'm sure Mike and Bernie will get a kick out of it.

Anyway, after having such a fun time at the party, it was no surprise that Eddie fell back asleep on the car ride home...but of course it took until we got off the interstate for him to knonk out. Dave and I decided to have a Starbucks car date to let him sleep. Thank goodness for drive through cafes! We rarely get coffee out anymore so it was a real treat!

When we got home Dave snuck back into the house to finish attaching our headboard to the wall, while I sat in the car on the driveway while my tuckered-out 19 month old finished his nap. I got a few stares from passersby since I was wearing PJs and a bathrobe...


Did I not mention that Zennie's party was a jammy party? Yeah. I looked ridiculous. I almost wore foam rollers in my hair, too, but Dave thought it was over-the-top. He's probably right...I looked ridiculous enough.

3 comments:

Ms. said...

O my gosh am I crazy or does she look like Eddie's twin sister? Maybe just me. And what a great idea to have a jammy party!

erin said...

haha i was wondering what the robe picture was about. i want to play in those balls!

Kelly said...

Zennie is such a little cutie!! Sounds like a fun birthday party, I'll have to keep some of those ideas in the back of my head for future Renee birthdays :D