Blog Archive

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Post 300

Wow...this is my 300th post!

Dave and I made plans to go on a date today, so I had arranged for Jacob to come baby sit Eddie from 12-5pm. We were going to go eat sushi buffet for lunch and then head to the mall so I could get a dress and shoulder wrap for the upcoming France wedding. (Dave was going to peruse the video game stores.) We'd budgeted enough money for paying the sitter, lunch, shopping, and a treat--either coffee or ice cream.

But we called off the date since Eddie has been out of sorts since about 4:30 this morning.

Dave got up then when Eddie started crying rather intensely, changed him, and put him back in his crib. Normally he'll fuss or cry for only about 5-10 minutes before falling back to sleep. But this time it was nearly 40 minutes of his "pissed off" crying. We finally just brought him into our room so I could nurse him and let him sleep with us. At 7:30 he nursed again and Dave took him out to play in the living room so I could get some more sleep.

The poor babe cried on and off for the next 1.5 hours, even while he was playing. It was weird. He cried for another 30 minutes before his morning nap (which lasted only an hour instead of his usual two). Realizing he was out of sorts, I called Jacob and asked if we could reschedule. We didn't think it'd be fair to Eddie or Jacob to leave when he was clearly not himself.

Over the last two days he's been eating lentils (his third food to try, after cereal and peas) and we suspect that his tummy is not happy as a result. He's taken to pooping only every other day and we're expecting a major "poo nami" (poo tsunami) today. I kept hoping he'd go before Jacob came over but it didn't happen yet. Poor little guy. I think going will make him feel a lot better.

We took him on a walk around the neighborhood at noon and I carried him the whole time. I didn't want to upset him even further by strapping him into a stroller or pack. The walking motion seemed to pacify him.

He could also be getting a tooth since his drooling has been out of control today. I see a little white dot on his bottom gum but it doesn't feel hard.

So today we're just sitting out on the patio, enjoying the warmish weather. The dogs keep walking on the blanket we spread out for Eddie to play on, leaving bits of dirt and leaves on it...oh well, he's gonna get his daily dose of antibodies I suppose! Hopefully he'll be back to normal by tomorrow so we can go on our date.


steph.kelley said...

Sorry you had to cancel your date — sounded like great fun. (Need pics of your dress asap, too, please!) I hope Eddie feels better soon; maybe the gassy legumes just aren't for him yet...

mu rye uh said...

poor little guy, and ugh cancelled dates, but I know what you mean about not wanting to leave little eddie.
My kids have sensitive tummies even buggy at 10 months.
Prunes always speed along the pathway to better tummy