Labels

Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Today

I wrote a to do list for today while I was pumping at school yesterday.

In no particular order:
  1. Transfer money into savings
  2. Laundry
  3. Fold diapers
  4. Go swimming
  5. Eddie's urology appointment
  6. Buy rolling suitcase--Edward has our big one and our small one is being repaired by Dave but it won't be done by the time we leave for Reno on Amtrak (!) with my parents on Saturday
  7. Go to campus for first official melon tasting session in the pomology department (something I'm doing for fun and because it pays $5 in Target gift cards for each session)
  8. Pick zucchini from the garden
  9. Feed the chickens
  10. Be home at 7pm so I can hand over the last specimen samples for the UCD lactation study--I can't believe we're done already! (I'll explain in another post.)
I took the dogs to an off-leash area of Slide Hill park this afternoon before we went swimming. Potatoes, our boy, was walking weird after we were done...like he was going to fall over. Eddie and I sat down on the grass with Ruby and Taters wandered away to pee on a tree. I was watching him and something about his gait made me nervous. I couldn't pinpoint it, but something was wrong. Then as he was walking back to me he sorta stumbled and it totally freaked me out. I firmly called him and he perked up at the sound of my voice like he usually does...and that reassured me that he wasn't having a seizure or anything.

I made the dogs stay put while I loaded Eddie into the car and then watered the dogs once they were in the van. When we got home I gave the dogs treats and a big bowl of water. Since Taters seemed okay and ate the treat like normal I decided to continue on with my plans to go to the pool. The whole time I was sorta worried about him. But he was sitting on the blanket chest looking out the window when we got back and he seems just fine.

Poor pooches, they get so worn out with any exercise I give them since I hardly give them any! I need to make a commitment to take them to play more...it is just hard to find the time and energy to haul me, Eddie and them to the park. Dave and I used to share that responsibility but now it all falls on me. Phooey.

Anyway, so dealing with Taters made me totally forget about going to campus for melon tasting. Grrrr...I hope I don't have the quit the panel because of that!

I still need to do numbers 1 and 2 from my list (and 10 but it isn't 7 yet).

Here's what we had for dinner last night--black bean/zucchini burgers, zucchini/tomato saute with pesto, and cut-from-the-cob grilled corn. And there are leftovers for tonight!

No comments: