Labels

Blog Archive

Friday, June 19, 2009

New Post Coming Soon

We've had quite a crazy week...Dave took the whole week off to get lots of stuff done around the house and my brother decided quite suddenly to stay with us for the summer (with his darling pooch). So life has been crazy but wonderful. I have TONS of home improvement updates that I'll post later (with pictures) once things calm down a bit.

Right now I'm dealing with 3 broken instruments (two are in my actual lab and one is a departmental lab, but I'm one of 2 students who is "in charge" of the instrument). Two of them MUST be fixed ASAP--the departmental one because there are lots of users signed up to run it and the lab one because I need to use it. That soil organic matter conference is coming up very soon and I need to run a few more samples so I can put the data on my poster.

So much to do!

Ok, I finished my "second breakfast" so I should get back to work. The thought of soldering the actuator switches inside the $100,000 thermal analyzer is really daunting...but it's gotta get done and I'm the only one here to do it. Oh, the joys of being a graduate student...

No comments: