Labels

Blog Archive

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby Daddy

I just love this picture. It makes my heart melt.We grew these squash in our summer garden up in Gualala this past summer. So far we've baked a few with cinnamon sprinkled on top and I've made a few into caramelized onion-tarragon casseroles. Most of them were nice and big but there were two teeny tiny ones--Eddie sized. So precious.

I think I'll cook up the littlest ones and freeze the puree so Eddie can eat them in a few months when he finally starts eating solids. He is getting more and more interested in our food when we're at the dinner table. I'm glad he'll be ready to eat solids in only about 1 month (man, time flies!). To get him (and me...) used to always eating at the dining table and not in front of the TV, I now stick him in his Bumbo seat so he can "sit" with me while I eat. I snagged a nearly new seat with tray for only $20 via Craigslist. At this point he only plays with toys (his favorite is my tube of lanolin nipple cream...).

4 comments:

Kaitlin said...

what a steal on the bumbo! i just borrowed my sisters, and she got hers for like $5 at a garage sale. have fun with solids...its nice htey dont nurse as often once they start

erin said...

what a cute boy! and i love the eddie sized squash haha

Ms. said...

I love it! ANd what a steal!

steph.kelley said...

Cuuuute pic of your boys. What a handsome fam.